Wall cladding is a very useful option that can address problems with wear and tear affecting your home. However, it’s not just intended to improve old properties. It also serves important purposes for newly built homes.
For one, wall cladding keeps walls protected from harsh elements. It also works well in terms of aesthetic improvements. Functionality wise, its insulative properties make the home environment more comfortable.
However, to be able to make the most of wall cladding, the right choice of materials would be crucial as it will have an impact on your home’s aesthetic appeal, its maintenance requirements over time, and overall functionality.
So how do you choose the right wall cladding materials for your home? Read on to be guided when making this important decision.
5 Steps to Choosing the Right Wall Cladding Material for Your Home
- Consider Your Home’s Style and Design
Before choosing a wall cladding material, you have to consider the furnishings you have in your home as well as the ones that you plan to add in the future. It is important to ensure that your choices will complement your home’s design and your style preferences.
There are professionals who can help you in choosing the best wall cladding material. You can also look for books, magazines, or online resources for design inspirations.
- Compare Price vs Value
In every purchase you make, your budget is an important consideration that you should not overlook. However, for best results, it is also important to take note of the value of the material you’re eyeing.
Cheap wall cladding materials aren’t always the best options. Shop around and compare based on cost-efficiency to get the most out of your investment.
- Enquire about Lifespan and Durability
The exposure of wall cladding to wind, rain, and other damaging elements affect its durability and therefore, its lifespan too. However, even when wear and tear can be expected, your choice of material vs where it will be used can help you make the best of your purchase.
Do not hesitate to enquire about a wall cladding material and choose the one that can withstand harsh conditions.
- Know Your Options
It is not a smart idea to simply rely on the popularity of a wall cladding material or on how it appears. There are different types of materials used for wall cladding so you have to know your options.
- UPVC – a popular option that is lightweight and comes in various colours. It is one of the most affordable wall cladding materials, too
- Brick – this material requires low maintenance and is strong enough to bear environmental elements for years. It is also resistant to fire and extreme weather conditions. However, they lack in terms of insulating ability.
- Stone Veneer – used as a replacement to stone, this wall cladding material is affordable and allows easy installation. Another advantage of this lightweight material is that it can be customized according to user preferences.
- Weatherboard – affordable and flexible enough to be used for a wide range of designs. Available in various colours and suited for external and internal surroundings.
- Timber – it works as a sustainable option that is just as effective as other materials to help achieve a warm and timeless appeal. It offers insulating properties and works as a sustainable alternative to wood.
- Choose a Trusted Supplier
You can never go wrong with a reputable company. Find a supplier who can provide you with high-quality wall cladding materials that meet your requirements. Industry reputation counts, so it’s best to choose companies with excellent customer feedback.
It also matters a lot to look into the brand and quality of the products they offer. A reputable company will sell products that give value to the money of their customers. Finding the right supplier will also have an impact on how long you will be able to use your wall cladding materials in great condition.
Wall cladding is installed not only for aesthetic purposes. There are several reasons to install this material in your home. Take into consideration the factors mentioned above and ultimately, you will be able to find the right wall cladding material for your home.
George Katsoudas is a Digital Marketing Professional who works as the Managing Director of Low Cost SEO, a digital marketing firm in Sydney and a Digital Media Manager for House of Bamboo, offering Australia the most varied collection of classic and new natural materials.
House of Bamboo is Australia’s trusted source of eco-friendly and high-quality natural materials that can be integrated into contemporary setting. Our range encompasses high quality bamboo fencing, timber screens, privacy screens, decorative screens, ceiling panels, rattan cane webbing, fence panels, and pool certification.